I updated it for about 6 months until the beginning of the year.
It had reached version 12 by then and had over 300 homesteaders and preppers.
I did make a start on version 13 but I didn’t follow through for a number of reasons.
One of the issues that I was commonly getting comments on was that so many people in the list were no longer active. That is certainly true – when I did some checking through about 3 months ago I found around half of the people on the list appeared to be inactive. That was a very sad reflection on the poor retention rates on steem.
Another issue with the list was that as it had grown bigger it was becoming technically difficult to manage with the very rudimentary tools that the steem interface offers. Now I am trying some new steem technology in the form of SteemPress to make the management of the list easier.
Now seems like a very good time to revive the list. To help me find guests for The Alternative Radio Show that I host on MSP Waves Radio an up to date list will be invaluable.
It might also be useful for other new initiatives designed to help the homesteading and self-reliance communities like the new Global Homestead Collective @ghscollective just set up by @freedompoint, @freedomtowrite and @steemcafe.
Are you on the list?
If you have joined steemit since January you probably won’t be on the list.
If you joined before January you should be but might not.
If you are not sure check out the previous list :
If you are not on the list and would like to be post a comment below with your account name, when you joined and where you are (ideally country/state). Or if you prefer message me on Discord (Pennsif#9921).
I will wait a week or so and then put out a new updated version of the list.
My feeling is to leave off all inactive members. Maybe anyone who hasn’t posted / commented / voted in the past month? I would appreciate your thoughts on this point.
That’s it for now. I hope Steempress works. And I hope the new list will be a useful too for networking for homesteaders and preppers again.
You might also be interested in some of my other posts :
MY RADIO SHOWS
- The Alternative Lifestyle Show – Friday 8 June – with guests @alexa.janell, @buzz.lightyear, @bushkill, @makinstuff, @cecicastor and @chrisabdey
- The Alternative Lifestyle Show – Friday 8 June 2018 [recording]
- SteemRadio – schedule of all the steemit radio shows – week beginning 4 June 2018
- A Dollar A Day charitable giving project update : Steem Basic Income for donation recipients, weird smoothies & witness supporters
- One year on Steem, time to refocus…
- A Dollar A Day charitable giving project update : May report : over US$ 1100 donated
- Pennsif’s Sustainability Curation Digest for MSP – week ending 3 June 2018
[ header graphic by @pennsif ]